360Science is not your typical start-up. We’re Data Quality company with a start up culture, an established customer base, some mature products and some cutting edge technology. When we mention cutting edge – we’re talking about Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark – were talking about processing hundreds of millions of CRM records – in memory – in the blink of an eye.
We’re small, we’re fast and we’re nimble. 360Science is a collaborative team of professionals who work closely on each dimension of the business. We are looking for a Senior Java Web Services Developer, with a proven track record of commercial experience in deploying Java applications to the cloud. We need a Java Jedi.
To support our growth we need our ‘Java Jedi’ must be to offer insight as they plan, and clarity when they code and transparency when they communicate. The force has to be strong with this candidate.
Expect an exciting working environment using some of the newest technology, you are in place to make recommendations, we need your expertise to make this project work.
A successful candidate will work closely with other team members to design, implement and deploy our evolving suite of REST services offering Data Quality as a Service. As our services engineer, you will be responsible for everything under the hood, you’ll ensure data is secure, dynamic, actionable and expedient in real time. We are about continual incremental improvement following an Agile methodology.
- Design, develop and implement enterprise grade Java REST services for high volume data processing embracing emerging standards and technology.
- Management of Amazon Web services/Heroku deployment, including auto scaling and optimization of resources.
- Integration of third party API’s and services into service architecture, our product is evolving and growing constantly.
- Design back-end architecture using tools such as MongoDB, Cassandra and Apache Ignite to effectively store and cache data.
- Write well designed, testable, secure and efficient code while promoting best software development practices.
- Work alongside other developers to problem solve, invent and maintain our core technologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years software development experience with commercial experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- 5 years of Java including associated technologies and frameworks
- Experienced in Amazon Web Service deployment, scaling and security
- Experienced in various version control tools such as SVN, Git and documentation and project management.
Nice to haves :
- Docker, Spring, Node-JS, Salesforce, C++, Visual Studio (C#/ASP.NET)
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]